Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.
Dragon Slayer Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Fan-fiction
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 pm by climax6969

» Was Goku vs Superman a fair call?
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 12:31 am by axle4222

» Coming back to check....
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am by Claire Farron

» Jeffrey's Scroll of the Slayer
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm by Xia Byusa

» Till Next time...
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm by Jeffrey the Turtle

» Legion of One
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 am by Claire Farron

» Koalaman's Eucalyptus Leaf of Enlightenment
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:36 am by Ryze

» My created synchro deck, need help?
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm by xavouine

» Digtal World! Beatdown!
Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 am by Ralph Knight

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ?

+2
Ryze
xavouine
6 posters

Go down

Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? Empty Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ?

Post by xavouine Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:04 pm

As you guys know, I've begun playing the advanced format just recently and it is... well enough on that. I was just curious about the precedent formats ; all I hear about is ''Dino-rabbits/wind-ups'', the ''tele-dad'', the ''frog OTK'' etc...
My question here is simply : has there ever been a format that was balanced and showcased a wide variety of competitively viable decks ? if so, which one and why ? What was played ?
xavouine
xavouine
Plebe
Plebe

Cash : 183

Back to top Go down

Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? Empty Re: Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ?

Post by Ryze Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Sadly, the Wind-up/Dino-rabbit format was the most veritable format in a long time. But it's been a long time since nothing was dominant.
Ryze
Ryze
Plebe
Plebe

Cash : 148

Back to top Go down

Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ? Empty Re: Has there ever been a ''Balanced Format'' ?

Post by Jeffrey the Turtle Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Last format was insanely random and almost any deck with some decent support and a good player behind it could top.
Jeffrey the Turtle
Jeffrey the Turtle
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Cash : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by xavouine Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

Jeffrey wrote:Last format was insanely random and almost any deck with some decent support and a good player behind it could top.
Ryze wrote:the Wind-up/Dino-rabbit format was the most veritable format in a long time.

even with chaos dragons and future fusion around ? :O
or was that the one before ? And do you guys think the meta is ''fixable'' at this point in time ? I surely believe they need to slow this game TFD but at the same time, you can't make a forbidden list infinite pages long :/
xavouine
xavouine
Plebe
Plebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralph Knight Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:35 am

Well it should be a feld that is fair. look at ninjas these days
Ralph Knight
Ralph Knight
Plebe
Plebe

Cash : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana Alberona Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:43 am

The way to fix the meta, is simple. Limit all the smaller Dragon Rulers. As well as Judgment day. that will slow down spellbooks and dragon ruler, then for lswarm you limit ophion as his effect is far too unfair, and can shut down spellbooks and dragon rulers if the lswarms go first.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffrey the Turtle Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:45 am

Cynthia wrote:The way to fix the meta, is simple. Limit all the smaller Dragon Rulers. As well as Judgment day. that will slow down spellbooks and dragon ruler, then for lswarm you limit ophion as his effect is far too unfair, and can shut down spellbooks and dragon rulers if the lswarms go first.

Limiting all the baby dragons would kill the deck. Super Rejuv to either 1 or banned, limit big eye or ban it
Jeffrey the Turtle
Jeffrey the Turtle
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Cash : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by xavouine Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:58 am

My thoughts on it were to indeed limit/ban the 2 mega-plus generators : super rejuv & judgement. Big-Eye needs to go, Draco needs a nerf. For evilswarms, I agree on the limiting or, at least the semi-limiting of ophion although he is easily run-over by most staple rk4 exceeds (thinking here of maestroke & gem-knight pearl primarily). if not, re-baning bls would be a good move in my opinion as it is just as broke as DAD and can be a single-handedly game-changing top-deck.
However, these are just my thoughts. Ultimately, our fates lie in the hands of Konami and the september format. Imma crossing me fingers
xavouine
xavouine
Plebe
Plebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:18 pm

chances are the xyz would only get limited, but yea everyone can see whats getting hit
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Cash : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by xavouine Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Claire Farron wrote:chances are the xyz would only get limited, but yea everyone can see whats getting hit

We can only HOPE for things to get hit unfortunately
xavouine
xavouine
Plebe
Plebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryze Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm

xavouine wrote:
Claire Farron wrote:chances are the xyz would only get limited, but yea everyone can see whats getting hit

We can only HOPE for things to get hit unfortunately

Konami will limit what is making money and ban what isn't. Seems logical.
Ryze
Ryze
Plebe
Plebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana Alberona Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:03 am

Konami will limit and ban what is not making money and keep what is making money until it stops doing so.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum