Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Slayer Academy
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Academy, if you're a member please login, if not you're welcome to register and become part of the family.
Dragon Slayer Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Fan-fiction
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 pm by climax6969

» Was Goku vs Superman a fair call?
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 12:31 am by axle4222

» Coming back to check....
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am by Claire Farron

» Jeffrey's Scroll of the Slayer
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm by Xia Byusa

» Till Next time...
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm by Jeffrey the Turtle

» Legion of One
Seraphim's card of the day EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 am by Claire Farron

» Koalaman's Eucalyptus Leaf of Enlightenment
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:36 am by Ryze

» My created synchro deck, need help?
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm by xavouine

» Digtal World! Beatdown!
Seraphim's card of the day EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 am by Ralph Knight

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Seraphim's card of the day

3 posters

Go down

Seraphim's card of the day Empty Seraphim's card of the day

Post by Claire Farron Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:58 am

Here will be where i talk about cards i find interesting, feel free to comment!
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Cash : 149

Back to top Go down

Seraphim's card of the day Empty Re: Seraphim's card of the day

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 am

Seraphim's card of the day 300px-BreakthroughSkill-CBLZ-EN-UR-1E
Breakthrough Skill
Trap
Target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate the effects of that opponent's face-up monster, until the end of this turn. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the end of this turn.

I have only heard of this card a few days ago, and im surprised i didnt know it sooner.

the meta being as it is with 3 mst and heavy, its a backrow hate meta.

besides veiler, this card is also a way around those hard to go around monster effect that makes u lose ur advantage.

being able to use on field one, and in the grave one more time is just too good to be ignored.

imagine that this facedown being mst'd away, and next turn u'd still be able to use its eff without the worry of being negated.

it also helps people like me, who constantly dump my hand into the grave to do things, or even mill decks. i can happily sacrifise this trap to the grave, knowing next turn i have an veiler waiting in my grave.

i would compare this card to fiendish chain, fiendish chain was a popular trap choise as it was another source of negation and attack protection. its down side was that it stays on field for an easy target of mst.

even though breakthrough skill doesnt stop attacks, but it is better in the long run, since most decks nowadays runs on small effect mosnters that builds up to big bulky guys. and being able to negate twice is too good to pass up.

what do you guys think? leave your comments below~!

until next time~! -flaps wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

Seraphim's card of the day 300px-BahamutShark-ABYR-EN-ScR-1E
Bahamut Shark
water
rank 4
2600/2100
Sea Serpent/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 WATER monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Rank 3 or lower WATER Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck. This card cannot attack for the rest of this turn.

im surprised shark doesnt use this in the anime

this card is probably the most versatile monster ive seen recently, a rather easy summon requirement, and it fits in perfectly with one of the previously YCS dominating decks.

that's right dino rabbits

at this point u might be wondering how can a shark survive in a group of dinosaurs led by a rabbit? well it does and let me explain why.

after the hit on rabbit making it less annoying, there are other dinosaurs that ppl overlooked, which has made dino rabbit survive. for example this:
Seraphim's card of the day 300px-HydrogeddonLCGX-EN-UR-1E
Hydrogeddon
water
level 4
1600/1000
When this card destroys a monster your opponent controls by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Hydrogeddon" from your Deck.

this card, along with some other dinosaurs makes laggia and dolkka summonable after destroying ur opponent, and watch this card carefully, its WATER! sounds familiar isnt it?

and now u'd think, y would i want to summon a 2600 beater if i can have negation power?
cuz its a beater? not only that, it also lets one of the most fearsome xyz monster work for you:
Seraphim's card of the day 300px-Number30AcidGolemofDestruction-REDU-EN-SR-LE
umber 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
water
Rock/Xyz/Effect
rank 3
3000/3000
2 Level 3 monsters
During your Standby Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or take 2000 damage. You cannot Special Summon any monsters. While this card has no Xyz Materials, it cannot attack.

bahamut shark can bring this guy out without a xyz material
you be fucked if u don't get rid of it somehow
why not give it to ur opponent?
that's the idea! use creature swap or w/e u can to shove it at ur opponent's face
and just sit there until they burn their own life to 0 ^^
and it burns and stops ur opponent more efficiently than lava golem
since they cant attack and cant special summon ^^

what if you dont have creature swap?
well that's what laggia and dolkka are for ^^

tell me what u think about this card
until next time guys~!
-flaps wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

Seraphim's card of the day 300px-NumberC39UtopiaRayV-ST13-JP-OP
Number C39: Utopia Ray V
LIGHT
Warrior/Xyz/Effect
Rank 5
2600/2000
3 Level 5 monsters
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into the Extra Deck. If a "Utopia" monster is attached to this card as an Xyz Material, this card gains this effect.
● Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

Yuma's new pet, before i started this card of the day segment, the official writing of the card effect was without the once per turn, so i was like HOLY SHIT THIS MADAFUKA is awesome! with possible max of 3 materials (2 utopia + utopia itself) it can boom 3 and attack, and all of it deals dmg!!!
but now its just once per turn effect, which is still kinda good, considering it can attack afterwards, it would simply mean a huge wall of beaters cant be that easily taken down by this dude.

plus, it requires 3 lvl 5 or the rank up magic to summon, and wont have its eff unless a utopia is one of its xyz material. that pretty much limits this guys effective way of bringing it out to just the rank up magic, since utopia is rank 4, unless u can make utopia level 5 somehow.

this card also works with ZW, which is gona be awesome, look forward to it

that's it for today
until next time~
-flaps wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 am

Seraphim's card of the day 300px-StarformDragon-JOTL-JP-OP

Starform Dragon
level 11
light
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
3200/2800
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Synchro Summon cannot be negated. When Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. If this card attacks, it is unaffected by other card effects until the end of the Damage Step.

before the artwork is released i thought Yusei finally becomes a god and get his own god card,god as in its summon cant be negated. it might not be a godly otk quasar, but it is impossible to get rid of it during attack phase.

it is also the first lvl 11 synchro we got, and i find it extremely easy to get out in my opinion, considering no synchro nontuners are needed.

tell me what you think about this card!

and i'll try to post more interesting cards soon!

until then~!
-flaps wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 am

Seraphim's card of the day 041

Phantom Beast Plane, Concoruda 「幻獣機コンコルーダ」
WIND/Machine - Synchro Effect/7/2400/1200
Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monster
While this card is face-up on the field, Token you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. If this card on the field is destroyed by your opponent and sent to the Graveyard, you can activate this effect by Releasing all Token you control. Select 1 Level 4 or lower "Phantom Beast Plane" Monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it.

bossly xyz deck now has a synchro? YES PLZ!!!
this makes these ghostly planes nearly indestructable, most of them being protected by tokens, then this synchro goes on and protects those tokens, and its not even that hard to get out.

and once its destroyed it recycles back a monster onto your field, which opens for opportunity to synchro once again for protection or go destructive with drago-sac

im happy to see konami is bringing synchros back to the game, now we should expect xyz and synchros working side by side for the best combos
...im glad im already doing that ^^

until next time~!
-flap wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am

Seraphim's card of the day 045

Armades, the Keeper of Illusions 「幻層の守護者アルマデス」
LIGHT/Demon - Synchro - Effect/5/2300/1500
Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monster
If this card battles, your opponent cannot activate Magic or Trap Card or the effect(s) of Effect Monsters until the end of the Damage Step.

im guessing traps are gona be useless soon, with all these battlephase invincible beaters, starform is one, and this too, mirror force, d-prison, cylinder and stuff are gona be useless in the face of this boss keeper!

although its usablility is still to be determined by the meta, catastor is in more ways optimal as the best lvl 5 synchro, as it kills most cards. librarian too works well with pluses, and has more attack.

i'd definitely try it out, since im able to bring lvl 5 with ease!

until next time~!
-flap wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 am

Seraphim's card of the day Crane

Crane-Crane 「クレーンクレーン」
EARTH/Bird - Effect/3/300/900
When this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you can select 1 Level 3 Monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it. The Monster Special Summoned by this effect has its effect(s) negated. You can only use the effect of "Crane-Crane" once per turn.

tour guide counterpart, no question asked, this brings out more ways to xyz rank3 monsters
(but zenmaity is not around xD)

it also doesnt restrict synchro into this, so its a lvl 6 synchro fodder as well
too bad brio is still dead Sad

on a side note tho, its a winged beast and i can use it ^^

until next time~!
-flap wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 am

Seraphim's card of the day 054

No. 66: Master Key Beetle 「No.66 覇鍵甲虫マスター・キー・ビートル」
DARK/Insect - Xyz - Effect/Rank 4/2500/800
2 x Level 4 DARK Monster
Once per turn, you can activate this effect by removing 1 Xyz Material from this card and select 1 other card you control. While this card is face-up on the field, the selected card cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card on the field is destroyed, you can send 1 of the cards selected for this effect to the Graveyard instead.

talk about double protection, this xyz protects other cards and indirectly protects himself.
although this card might be the one to sacrifice compared to the cards that you don't wanna get destroyed.

keeping the insect theme steady, im guessing the most suitable deck for this monster would definitely be inzektors, considering 2 lvl 4 darks and such.

this just further goes with my theory that soon enough the meta would be a destruction free meta, with everything banishing our bouncing cards.

tell me what u think about this card and the new upcoming meta
until next time~!
-flap wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 am

I feel like the Level 3 cran crane would also be an easy level 7 in decks like my E Dragon deck that runs delta flyer, which is already broken, also that beetle up there, you can use it in an lswarm deck furthering my discussion that lswarms will be in the top 3 decks this meta
Sora
Sora
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Cash : 193

https://dslayer.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:56 am

yes the potential is limitless for crane crane, and it's worth a try in many decks.

as for evilswarm, it'd be a good mid game card, but most evilswarm would probably focus on their own xyz. but non the less a good card is a good card
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 am

Seraphim's card of the day 300px-KodomoDragon-JF13-JP-NPR
Kodomo Dragon
EARTH
Dragon/Effect
Level 3
100/200
If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters other than Dragon-Type monsters or conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. You can only use the effect of "Kodomo Dragon" once per turn.

This is the new broken replacement of decoy dragon, omg.

its an if...you can effect which doesnt miss timing...a dragon deck must have

i swear dragons are now back at full swing with all these new cards coming out.

even these little cuties are broken as ****

our dragon slayer academy is going to shine in this format

-tears-

anyways tell me what possibilities this card has, and what u think about any aspects of it

until next time~!
-flaps wings-
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Farron Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am

SD25-JP040
Blue-Eyes Silver Dragon 「蒼眼の銀龍」
LIGHT/Dragon - Synchro - Effect/9/2500/3000
Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Normal Monster
Activate this effect when this card is successfully Special Summoned. Until the End of the next turn, Dragon-Type Monster you control cannot become the target of or destroyed by card effects. Also, once per turn, you can activate this effect during your Standby Phase. Select 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it.
Ultra Rare
Seraphim's card of the day 040
new blue eyes supports! yay
imo this is the new trishula replacement
being a level 9 and all and easily summoned with a lvl 8 and lvl 1 tuner
have high expectations for this!
Claire Farron
Claire Farron
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Xia Byusa Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 am

Seraphim wrote:SD25-JP040
Blue-Eyes Silver Dragon 「蒼眼の銀龍」
LIGHT/Dragon - Synchro - Effect/9/2500/3000
Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Normal Monster
Activate this effect when this card is successfully Special Summoned. Until the End of the next turn, Dragon-Type Monster you control cannot become the target of or destroyed by card effects. Also, once per turn, you can activate this effect during your Standby Phase. Select 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it.
Ultra Rare
Seraphim's card of the day 040
new blue eyes supports! yay
imo this is the new trishula replacement
being a level 9 and all and easily summoned with a lvl 8 and lvl 1 tuner
have high expectations for this!

It's not really a good replacement. The fact that it needs Non-Tuner "Normal" Monsters make it tough to get out. No use for Infernity, no use for Psychics, no use for Gusto, Scrap or anything else. Just Blue-eyes and maybe Gemini...maybe. Great monster, just not that good.
Xia Byusa
Xia Byusa
Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider

Cash : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down